Variable Data Printing and Mailing
Dramatically Increase Response Rates with Variable Data Printing
aka Personalized Printing
Variable Data Printing, or customizable digital printing, is one of the greatest benefits of digital color printing. With this technique, information from an external file can change text and graphics on each piece without slowing down the printing process. Here at CopySetPrinting, we frequently prepare and print variable data projects used for direct marketing, customer relationship development and in advertising to personalize letters and addresses.
Imagine the Possibilities...
The potential for variable data printing is limited only by the imagination of the creator. Consider the power of being able to create a custom message for each recipient, catered to the reader's age, gender, interests, buying habits, address, etc., and infinite possibilities begin to unfold.
Saves Time and Money.
Variable data printing is also a faster, more economical way to print. Consider the following:
- Print only as many as you need (depending on the size of your database).
- Test-market a piece with a partial selection of your database, adjust the piece based on response rate (or leave it unchanged) and finish the run at a later time.
- Print addresses directly on the piece... there is no need for labels, hand-addressing, etc., thus reducing mailing costs and speeding up the fulfillment process.
Way Beyond "Junk Mail"
Variable data printing can be an especially powerful tool for direct mail applications. Direct mail has been proven to be the most effective marketing tool available, even in the internet age. Think about it: The mailbox is immune to spam-blockers, pop-up blockers, caller ID, the fast-forward button and the mute button. As long as people open their mailboxes, there is an opportunity for you to communicate with them. Cater your message directly to the reader, and you have a very unique opportunity indeed.
We recommend that you first "Test Drive" Variable Data Printing with a relatively simple project:
- Send personalized thank-you cards, special offers, or other direct marketing materials.
- Select a test sample from your database for customized mailing and measure the results against conventional print.